Industrial Control Systems Security
- Industrial control systems include technologies such as supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and distributed control systems (DCS), which are at the core of daily operations in chemical processing infrastructures, oil and gas production, and other industries.
- These applications include railway switches, SCADA monitors, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs). Infrastructure organizations critical to the economy and national security, from banking data centers to power grids and rail transportation, use similar technologies.
- Many of these systems are increasingly connected to IT networks, making them vulnerable to cyber attack.
- IT technology and OT technology is a customized combination of technology, information and consulting services of cyber security experts that can enable industrial and manufacturing organizations to identify risks and proactively reduce threats. We provide a comprehensive, non-invasive security solution for your entire Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT).
Our attack team has deep experience and knowledge of control systems and know the ICS and OT environment, also our experts who are familiar with Threat Intelligence and have an unparalleled knowledge of attacker behavior, perform advanced security testing. and help you identify and contain threats in industrial networks.
- Due to its isolation from the global Internet network, the Air-Gap network has its own range of attacks, which are widespread and dangerous, attacks based on Physical Media, Acoustic Electromagnetic, Magnetic, Electric, Optical and Thermal, which pose cyber threats to the systems. Industrial control has greatly increased, these attacks are implemented on the basis of industrial and military networks and have special secrecy.
- Also, human factors are the driving engine of physical media attacks, so informing human forces in the field of cybersecurity will be a principle, also, if the hardware used is not in the right structure, it can form the factors of forming an attack scenario.
- An industrial cyberattack always takes advantage of zero-day and unpatched vulnerabilities, and this exploitation makes the attack much stronger and better. Therefore, the security of endpoints is one of the main factors of cyber defense, that’s why the experts of the red team They try to identify and reveal the weak points and vulnerabilities of binary endpoints.
- In addition to the vulnerabilities of the operating system, the desktop software will always be monitored dynamically and statically, as well as the devices used in the network and their communication protocols, if they have zero-day vulnerabilities, they can cause damage to industrial facilities. Enter flexibility.
In the first step, the IT and OT architecture of the industrial complex must be fully examined and visualized, software and management systems, communication protocols and industrial control devices (PLC) must also be examined and monitored in order to monitor them from the point of view of cyber security. Targeted penetration tests are implemented and vulnerable spaces are identified, in this review all communication arrangements and connected devices should be identified and put under the microscope.
Assess Network Vulnerability
The assessment of the communication network of industrial spaces alone has a list of vulnerabilities that must be fully investigated, for example, in the architecture of Air-Gap networks, there are always unique scenarios and threats that must be addressed separately, as well. Communication protocols that always interact with sensors and operating devices must also be thoroughly checked for cybersecurity.
Industrial Penetration Testing
In industrial penetration testing, the team of experts always tries to check all the vulnerabilities in black box and white box methods, where the focus is on discovering vulnerabilities and not evaluating them, in this regard, the process of penetration testing is more comprehensive and complete stages of It offers the discovery of vulnerabilities, which causes all devices and operating systems, including IIoT devices, to be tested.
Red Team Simulation
However, the highest level of cyber security assessment of industrial complexes can be considered the simulation of the red team, the red team always tries to fully simulate the operational method of all the cyber offensive teams that have attacked industrial complexes and cause To reveal the affected areas and have suitable conditions for intruders, among these simulations, we can mention the industrial cyber attack of the Stuxnet virus.