Industrial Control Systems Security
- Industrial control systems include technologies such as data monitoring and acquisition control (SCADA) and distributed control systems (DCS), which are at the core of day-to-day operations in chemical processing, oil and gas production infrastructure and other industries.
- These programs include rail switches, SCADA monitors, and programmable logic controllers (PLCs). Infrastructure organizations that are critical to the economy and national security use many of the same technologies, from banking data centers to power grids and rail transportation.
- Many of these systems are increasingly connected to IT networks, exposing them to cyber-attacks.
- It is a custom combination of technology, information and consulting services of cybersecurity experts that can enable industrial and manufacturing organizations to actively identify risks and reduce threats. We offer a comprehensive and non-invasive security solution for your entire IT and Operations Technology (OT).
Our attack team has experience with in-depth knowledge of control systems and knowledge of the ICS and OT, as well as our experts who are familiar with Threat Intelligence and have unparalleled knowledge of attacker behavior, conducting advanced security tests. And help you identify and contain threats in industrial networks.
- Separately, Air-Gap attacks have a wide and dangerous range. Air-Gap network has its own range of attacks due to its separation from the World Wide Web, attacks based on Physical Media, Acoustic, Electromagnetic, Magnetic, Electric, Optical and Thermal, which have greatly increased the cyber threat to industrial control systems, these attacks are implemented on the basis of industrial and military networks and have a special secrecy.
- Human factors are also the driving force behind Physical Media attacks, so informing human resources in the field of cyber security will be a principle, as well as the hardware used that if not in the right structure can be the factors that form an attack scenario.
- An industrial cyber attack always takes advantage of zero and patched day vulnerabilities and this exploitation makes the attack much stronger and better, so the security of the endpoints is one of the main factors of cyber defense that the experts of the red team They try to identify and highlight the weaknesses and vulnerabilities of endpoints.
- In addition to operating system vulnerabilities, desktop software will always be dynamically and statically monitored, as well as devices used in the network and their communication protocols, which if you have zero-day vulnerabilities can be Industrial installations inflict irreparable damage.
In the first step, the IT and OT architecture of the industrial complex must be thoroughly examined and visualized. Software and management systems, communication protocols, and industrial controller (PLC) devices must all be reviewed and monitored for targeted intrusion testing in terms of cyber security. Implemented on them and identified vulnerable spaces, in this study, all communication arrangements and connected devices should be identified and examined under a magnifying glass.
Vulnerability Assessment of Devices and Applications
Assess Network Vulnerabilities
The evaluation of the communication network of industrial spaces alone has a list of vulnerabilities that must be thoroughly investigated. For example, in the architecture of Air-Gap networks, there are always unique scenarios and threats that must be addressed separately. Communication protocols that are constantly interacting with sensors and operating devices must also complete cyber security checks.
Industrial Penetration Testing
In industrial penetration testing, a team of experts always tries to find all the vulnerabilities in two Methodology Black box and white box check that the focus here is on detecting vulnerabilities, not evaluating them. In this regard, the penetration testing process is a much more comprehensive and complete step of detecting vulnerabilities that all devices and operating systems are tested. Will be included including IIoT devices.
Red Team Simulation
But the highest level of cyber security assessment of industrial complexes can be considered as Red Team simulation. Therefore, the affected areas and have suitable conditions for the intruder to be fully visible, including these simulations can be referred to the industrial cyber attack of Stuxnet virus.